Home

Running wires through stone fireplace

Look for opportunities to run the wiring on the exterior side of the wall to the position you want it mounted on the interior side, then run it into the fireplace through the back side back into the house How to mount a TV above a fireplace and hide wires for wall mounted TV. Full tutorial including wall mount, electrical box, and hiding wiresThank you to LG.

Wiring a new home addition. I need to put boxes in a stone fireplace for sconces. The fireplace is built and a stone finish about four inches deep is being applied. I plan to screw mud boxes to the wall and have the masons apply the stone veneer around the boxes. I want to run UF cable to feed.. How to Mount TV on Stone Fireplace. Step 2: Use Angle Grinder to cut through Stone. Once you have decided where exactly your TV will be mounted, you need to dig into the stone to be able to mount it. Drill into the stone and install your wall mount for your TV. now is when you will use your HDMI cable and get your TV up and running. ichbinbose. we install plasma's over gas fireplaces all day, everyday, simply because it is safe to run all wiring behind the drywall that is typically there. if you have any specific questions, you can send me a PM. By the way whatever you do, you should be sure to use CL2 or CL3 rated wire just for safty concerns How can i run an electric box inside my fireplace to hide the wires for an insert blower - Answered by a verified Electrician We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them This is simply the easiest to install in-wall power cable management system available. Choose in-wall wire length. Choose an option ONE-CK 16' Length in-wall wire $74.95 ONE-CK 26' Length in-wall wire $79.95 ONE-CK 36' Length in-wall wire $84.95 Clear. DIY Model ONE-CK - Fireplace Extension Kit quantity. Add to cart

Looks like a gas stove insert. Should be plenty of hallow space in there. The inserts typically aren't as deep as the cavity and the stove is up off the ground 4-6. Pull the baseboard, drill a hole into the side of the fireplace. Make the hole only as wide as the baseboard, 1/2 or less I imagine My other option is the shortest run by drilling through the side of the chimney breast where my wall chase meets the corner. Problem is, if I do this, I'll be drilling uncomfortably close to the gas pipe (gas is properly capped off but the pipe is still charged) and I don't think I'll be able to get my drill close enough to the wall to avoid a. Option #1 is to build a frame over the bricks above the mantle using 1x2 or 2x2 lumber. Attach the wood directly to the bricks by drilling and using lag bolts and anchors. You can then run the wires behind this false wall and conceal everything with new drywall By William Machin If you're planning to veneer one or more walls with brick or stone to accent a fireplace, the first step is installing expanded metal wire mesh as a substrate for a mortar bed...

If your fireplace is entirely brick, stone, or other material and does not have a framed-in wall above the mantel, then you may need to use an exposed decorative conduit or other means to successfully deliver power from one location to another Once the wires were properly fed through the opening (check with your mount to make sure it will fit around the wires) the next step is actually installing the mount. As you can see in the photo above, my husband cut the stone wide enough to fit a piece of 2x4 wood, long enough for the bracket we purchased. He screwed the 2x4 directly into the. Separate the Romex from the Cat 5 or Cable or speaker wires to prevent house current interference with your entertainment system. To get a string thru to pull the wires, tie enough of it to a small Ziploc sandwich baggie, partially inflated. Insert the sandwich bag into one end of the conduit & attach your shop vac to the other end First, there was a wire behind the fireplace that went to two separate outlets next to the fireplace - one on the left and one on the right. I took this wire and cut it in half and added a wire for the outlet above the fireplace. I used wire caps to connect all the wires and wrapped it with electrical tape. My concern is the cool air and hot.

How should I run wiring for my above-fireplace mounted TV

Is it acceptable to run the blower wire (and for that matter the gas line) through the chimney flue to the gas fireplace? P1027183.jpg 800×600 25.5 KB dmacy (David C. Macy, CMI Run Ghost Wire Along Wall. Sewell Direct offers Ghost Wire that's a spool of 16 AWG speaker wire, about the width and thickness of duct tape. It has a strong adhesive on one side, so it can be easily run along walls, floors and under carpets. This invisible wire solution is a non-invasive and low-cost alternative to cutting holes in the. Since our fireplace went through the lower half of our wall, our top half was pure joy to work in. We had ample space to position our electrical box and get everything dressed up and ready to go. Jump to: Installing a Television Over a Fireplace Mounting the TV and Running the Wiring Conclusion and Resource Install a 1/2-inch masonry drill bit in a power drill or hammer drill. Put on safety glasses, a dust mask and work gloves. Drill holes straight through the mortar joints at 1/2-inch intervals at.. Wall mount TV to standard stud frame (additional charges for fireplace or stone) Organize wires or run cable through a pre-existing conduit; Setup TV and components; Configure Smart devices; Program one remote (excludes Smart Remotes, Harmony,URC,etc; AC Outlet Service. Powerbridge Unit - $10

The carpenter did double duty by installing 2 junction boxes. One on the wall and one on the brick behind where the TV would hang. Here is a pic of the junction box behind the TV. He got the hook-up for the electric from the beam in the ceiling. We have track lighting and he was able to splice into it somehow. Here is a pic of the beam Quote: Originally Posted by jefflins /forum/post/ I've got an alcove over the gas fireplace in my bedroom and it's a perfect size to hold a panny 52 tv. I've lifted the little carpet piece on the alcove shelf and drilled two holes in the plywood shelf so that i can shine a flashlight down one hole and look through the other The easiest access for power is if I drill a hole in the brick in the basement and run the wire up through the ash door which is on the floor in the back of the fireplace. I was planning on using a junction box over the hole that I drilled so that it looks like a cleaner installation. The wire will only pass through the j-box Mar 4, 2018. #1. Unfortunately we rent so lifting carpets, Tapping into walls is a no no. I have a fireplace to negotiate and am trying to work out the best way of getting wires around it in a decent way. I have looked at Conduit/Trunking to maybe go at the base around the fireplace but worried it will look awful

Is it acceptable to run the blower wire (and for that matter the gas line) through the chimney flue to the gas fireplace? P1027183.jpg 800×600 25.5 KB dmacy (David C. Macy, CMI Re: TV powercord thru fireplace chase Almost all wall mounted TV's attach to mounting brackets that provide for electrical connections from power cords. And I see no problem with running the power cords or electrical wire thru a fireplace chase, as long as it does not come in contact with the flue. ==== Chasing the wires to my equipment (at the side of the chimney breast) is now out of the question as the wall has just been decorated, this was done before we decided to put the TV on the wall. So my plan now is, to drill a 60mm hole in the wall behind the TV for the wires to go through, and then another at the side of the chimney breast for the. Simply put, the power wiring can all too easily induce noise on the low voltage cable. which in turn can lead to other problems. There's also the matter of conduit fill; UF and romex generally require 1 pipe for even a single cable. Slipping a length of 1/2 pipe over romex violates conduit fill (anong other things)

How to Mount a TV Above a Fireplace and Hide Wires - YouTub

Run Ghost Wire Along Wall. Sewell Direct offers Ghost Wire that's a spool of 16 AWG speaker wire, about the width and thickness of duct tape. It has a strong adhesive on one side, so it can be easily run along walls, floors and under carpets. This invisible wire solution is a non-invasive and low-cost alternative to cutting holes in the. Brick, natural stone, manufactured veneer stone, and similar solid masonry fireplaces afford no below-surface room to run wires. As a result, the wires would need to be run on top of the surface. By most electrical codes, NM electrical cable cannot be surface-mounted Fireplace is on the long side of the living room (it is rectangular) right in the middle lol. This may be one of those things that you do it right the first time. Cut open the drywall, blow holes through the studs then run power wires to the other outlet Tee-ing off existing circuit But we have a solution for it you can buy a cable concealer through that you can easily install all your wires it not give you a neat and tidy look but also protect from any danger. You can also spray-paint it according to the color of the fireplace. Tips. 1. `Always check whether the small portion can be easily drilled to mount the TV. 2 If that chimney piece is veneer and a lined chimney is being used, it might be possible to run wires up/down the wall and bring them out through the brick. If one of those walls is an inside wall, access could be gained from the next room. A proper receptacle would be required for power. If it's a wood fireplace, I wouldn't put a TV over it

TV Mounting over a fireplace with wires concealed in the

UF Cable in Stone Mortar Mike Holt's Foru

How to Mount TV on Stone Fireplace (Tutorial

Electrical for built-ins and fireplace insert - Home

Wiring behind fireplace? AVS Foru

1. Fish new wires from existing outlet up through the new hole in the track. Run wire around track by screwing it in with a zip tie every few feet. When you're ready to add a new outlet in one spot, drill another hole using a spade bit into the track, then cut out an outlet hole using an oscillating saw
  2. ating the HDMI cable and the power cable.The plan was to install a new power outlet behind the TV, and install 2 (not sure what they're officially called) media boxes, which let me pass the HDMI cable (or any other component cables) through the wall
  3. We opted to not run the cables through the wall, mainly for two reasons: 1) It's a brick wall and would require somehow busting a large hole in the brick to even attempt to run the cable through the wall, and 2) we are going to eventually rip all this out, widen the shelves and make them built-ins, remove the hearth, and beef up the fireplace
  4. Neal removed some of the ceiling so he could add electrical. He ran power and cable through the ceiling and through the inside of the fireplace from the top to add power and cable outlets to the front. In the picture below, you can see that we added a mantel. This was a cedar beam that was originally part of our lake house before we renovated
  5. Featured Answer. Concrete saw to create a deep enough trench for conduit plus at least 2 on top for patchwork to adhere. Run the strands through the conduit, and then use a bonding agent on the existing concrete and fiber reinforced concrete for the patch. Maybe even a bit of drilling into the side for some thin rebar
  6. Second is wire concealment. In most cases we can run wires through walls into basement or attic. In some cases we have to cut the wall to run wires through. Special wire concealment options apply to running wires in stone and brick fireplaces. Wires have to be longer than regular TV installation. Scroll down to see few TV over fireplace.

1. Pull the cable through with a fish tape. Carefully extend the fish tape from one opening to the other. Tape the end of the fish tape tightly onto the cable with electrical tape. Make sure the tape is smooth so the cable can slide through the opening. Then, retract the fish tape to pull the cable through Running Cables in Solid Walls. Unless you live in a timber-framed house, most of your walls - downstairs, at least - will be of solid masonry, and the neatest way of running cables across them is to cut channels called chases in the wall surface. The cable is then secured in the chase with clips and plastered over How to mount your TV above a fireplace and hide your cable box. Saved by Innovative Americans, LLC. 1.1k. Hide Cable Box Hide Cables Hide Wires Tv Cable My Living Room Home And Living Tv Over Fireplace Fireplace Ideas Tv Mounted Above Fireplace Visually inspect the bricks of your fireplace and chimney. First, look for chimney spalling. This is when the surface of the brick flakes away, is cracked, broken, or just plain missing.You may see pieces of the brick or stone on the ground or on your roof. This occurs when the chimney sustains water or moisture damage The Surround. After the stone install, we used construction adhesive to adhere 2x6s to the two sides and a 2×4 to the top of the brick. This would act as a nailer for the trim boards. Because of our staggered brick and the resulting demo, we were able to capitalize off of the gap to use clamps. They gave an extra layer of stability to the glue.

How can i run an electric box inside my fireplace to hide

Sarah's fireplace actually used to be stone but she recently remodeled it to this beauty - check out the full before and after fireplace transformation Ideally you would run a single HDMI cable through the wall along with a coax cable and an outlet for power. Doing it this way would allow you to plug your HDMI cable into. Install a stove pipe through the chimney. Install it above the fireplace damper through the masonry hole cut above the throat. To prevent the entry of gases into the room, provide a seal or seal the damper tightly. Do so with fibrous insulation such as rock wool, or use sheet steel Chimney Planning Step 2. Determine the number of Chimney Pipe lengths required.The chimney must extend at least 3 feet above the highest point where it passes through the roof, and be at least 2 foot higher than any part of the building within a horizontal distance of 10 feet (Figure 2) Note that only low-voltage wires should run behind a wall. Always check state and local electrical codes — or contact a pro for advice — before running cables through a wall. Like raceways, hollow molding is inexpensive. It can, however, be more expensive than raceways depending on factors such as how much coverage you need, material and look

Hiding Wires on Wall Mounted TV Above Fireplace

1. The place looks more professional and neat if you don't see the wires running all over the place. There are adhesive tapes and other accessories that you can use to disguise the cables from view. Another option would be to install an electrical wall box behind the TV or run wires through the wall to the available electrical outlets
  2. Forum discussion: I know the downsides of mounting a tv on a fireplace. I don't use the fireplace (live in AZ) and will run wiring by cutting out a path in the grout/mortar, running wire, then re.
  3. g to be television installer. What makes Carolina Custom Mounts stand out from the rest is our custom TV mounting on brick or stone. We will do what the other companies claim is impossible. Call or text. 704-681-8131
  4. If you run something through the outside overhang or between the brick (a risky venture), make sure the insulation of the wire is rated for moisture. You can purchase a fish tape, which is a very hard wire used for fishing. You can take fish the fish-tape down to the outlet point of interest, or fish down to it
  5. e the attic and locate the path that you will use to run the wire between the two locations. Familiarize yourself with the footing situation. When there is no flooring to walk on other than the edges of the trusses.
  6. Running invisible fence wire through a gravel driveway is pretty easy. The main concern is protecting the wire from traffic after you install it. The easiest way to do that is running it through electrical conduit or PVC. Dig a trench through the drive down 6 inches. Install a PVC pipe or electrical conduit at the base of the trench
  7. Gas fireplaces produce heat but not smoke. Wood-burning fireplaces produce both. And wood stoves produce the most heat and smoke - too much to mount a TV directly overhead. You may not see smoke, but it's there, and the tiny particulates in it can coat components inside your TV. You should also know that TVs will start to fail if they're.

Best option for running speaker wire around fireplace

Currently there are no electrical/audio/video outlets above the fireplace. Saved by Alison Snider. 2.6k. Foyer Propane Tv Above Fireplace Gas Fireplace Fireplace Shelves Modern Fireplaces Farmhouse Fireplace Hidden Tv Family Room Design Wall Mounted Tv If you want your AV and cable wires hidden in the wall, you will also pay a higher price due to the added time and skill to properly drill the holes and run wires. Before mounting your TV above your fireplace, consult with the manufacturer about necessary distance from heat sources Mounting a TV and hiding the wires in the wall could run upwards of $1,000 or more. If you opt for cable covers that adhere to the wall, you won't pay nearly as much. These kits run from $10 to $40 for materials only, not counting labor. If you want to hide the wires inside the wall, then the cost to install a flat screen TV will increase How To Hide Cables and Wires. Luckily, we already had an electrical outlet on a wall directly next to our fireplace (on the right, lower side of the brick fireplace). We then had a cable company install a cable receptacle on the wall directly to the left of the brick fireplace

a) Chase vertically upwards and run the cable up through the ceiling and down the other side of the fireplace - the problem here is that this would increase the cable run from ~3.5 metres to nearer to 10 metres. Not sure this would be too much Well it appears from what I just read that MC cable run through the ash dump in my masonary fireplace into a metal box will provide power for my gas insert blower, 7 amp, the insert uses a 3 prong plug

Running wiring into chimney breast Talk Electrician Foru

Smaller wires must be run through bored holes or be attached to a running board. One reason you are not allowed to run wires across the bot-tom of floor joists is to eliminate the temp-tation to use the 12-2 wire for your kitchen GFI as a place to hang laundry. Current-carrying wires are meant to support onl The difference is only a matter of a few inches, if any difference, and 'most likely' the clearances do not meet to required clearances anyway - meaning the NM cable would be running next to the chimney within the clearance space. Besides, with an 1820s house the presumption is a masonry chimney. Jerry Peck

Uses Not Permitted. Unless specifically permitted in 400.10, flexible cables, flexible cord sets, and power supply cords shall not be used for the following: (3) Where run through doorways, windows, or similar openings. Luckily, there are code-approved installation kits for running power up inside a wall that do not require and electrician Lubricating the Wires . Pulling wires can be difficult enough through straight runs of conduit, but throwing a few bends and turns in the run increases friction, making pulling much more difficult.That's when you use a lubricant. Wire-pulling compound is a non-conductive lubricant in either a gel or a slimy, soapy form that makes both the conduit and wires slick by coating the wiring, allowing.

How do you conceal TV wires over Fireplace

Run cords and cables where you need them without having to see them. The 1/2 round appearance can match any decor to insure a complete finished look to the installation. See More. See Full Product Description Close. Wiremold 500 and 700 Series 4 in. Solid Base Round Fan Bo There's no way to run power to the TV at all, or at least not without visible wires. The angle of an LCD TV against the fireplace will strain your neck. The heat or soot from the fireplace combustion will detrimentally affect the bottom edge or insides of the TV mounted above the mantel on a stone or brick fireplace

When there's only one cable entering an outlet box, it means the outlet is the last fixture on the circuit. Power comes from the service panel along the black (hot) wire through other outlets, switches, and light fixtures on the circuit and begins its return to the source through the white (neutral) wire attached to this outlet I used 1-1/2″ long stainless steel waffle head screws used for installing wire lathe. The flat backside of these screws holds well and doesn't pull through the wire loop like a more traditional wood or drywall screw. The first course of stone starts on a special starter strip that resembles starter strip for vinyl siding The most common cable management systems conceal wires behind molded plastic raceways that run along the walls and baseboard. While these can clean up things immensely, there are other slightly more involved but still easy to install systems that allow the cables to be run behind walls. The kit used in this guide is the CE TECH cord and cable kit

How should I run wiring for my above-fireplace mounted TVImage result for how to hide tv and cable wires mounted on

Run the wire or cable to its destination. This may involve fishing it through another wall cavity, or out a small hole drilled in the floor. Drill destination hole in floor. Run wire through hole. Feed the wire through the back of the outlet box, insert the box in the wall, and mount it in place. Strip the wires and attach them to the wall jack. Imagine a 1 inch hose with a little bit of water flowing through it. Twist the faucet open and you have a stream of water that creates pressure inside the hose. Similarly, the voltage of an electrical wire is determined by factors such as the size of the wire (gauge) and resistance (covered in the next section) Since I was putting the TV over the fireplace, I didn't want to mess with the wallI wasn't sure what I would find. So decided to create a facade. How to mount tv over fireplace and hide wires: To start, I had to remove the tongue and groove, but you will probably just have drywall Exception: Chimney flues serving masonry fireplaces where cleaning is possible through the fireplace opening. R1003.18 Chimney Clearances Any portion of a masonry chimney located in the interior of the building or within the exterior wall of the building shall have a minimum air space clearance to combustibles of 2 inches (51 mm) In a solid wall, you need to cut a channel (or 'chase') in the plaster and run the cable through an oval plastic conduit or, for longer lengths, 'top-hat' capping. Step 1 Always run cable vertically to a fitting in a solid wall so that you will know its approximate position when the work is finished

How to Install Wire Mesh on a Fireplace Home Guides SF

Steps to Create a DIY Concrete Fireplace. 1) If you have an ugly fireplace insert like we did, remove it first. If you have a mantel, remove that also. 2) Demolish the stone facade. We used a demolition hammer to do this and I would HIGHLY recommend it. Joe started with just a chisel and hammer and that got old fast Option #2: Powered Cable Pass-Through. As we mentioned above, the only safe way to put power cables through the wall is with an in-wall rated powered pass through. In addition to having a slot for all your HDMI and audio wires, the powered pass through has a plug at the top and bottom for safe & sexy behind-the-wall electricity Step 3: Start at the Corner. It's recommended that you begin with a corner stone and work your way horizontally. Starting from the bottom of the wall, spread a 1/8-inch-thick layer of adhesive across the back of the stone. Press the stone evenly against the surface to distribute the adhesive. Make sure the stones are lined up tightly against. Fits inside your existing wood-burning fireplace opening. Use natural gas or propane. Has beautiful real flames and realistic logs. Easy to operate with remote control or wall switch. Keep warm air in and cold air out. Cost between $3,500 and $6,500 fully installed*. *Exact pricing will vary depending on specific project Fireplaces Slider - CLEARion Elite. The First Truly See-Through Electric Fireplace. Clear ion ™ Elite Series. Creating relaxation in two rooms at once. View Series. CLEARion™ Elite Series. Elevation™ X Series. Entice™ Series. High Country™ Series

Installing a Television Over a Fireplace Audioholic

The chimney serviced first and second floor fireplaces traveling up the inside of the house and transitioning to the outside as it passed through the third stories mansurd roof. From the first floor to the mansurd roof the existing chase where the brick chimney used to be is fairly wide and deep, however, it narrows where it passes through the. Today I'm going to share our AirStone fireplace makeover with you, step by step. Here are the materials we used for this project: When we bought this house, the brick had already been painted white. Last year I painted it gray, and while I liked the contrast in color, I loved the idea of stone even more. For this project, we chose AirStone.

How to Mount a Flat Screen TV on a STONE fireplace {diy

The most important decision of running cable comes first: finding the best route from the existing cable to the destination. If you can run cable through a basement, garage, or attic, you'll avoid tearing into walls or ceilings. The worst cable runs occur when walls do not line up from floor to floor, or you have to sidestep heavy beams and posts When the installers arrived the week before Christmas with what was apparently the standard shroud, they installed the stove, leaving a 5 overhang on both sides of the existing stone and a 5 gap at the top. They did not install the thermostat, which would have required running a wire under the pier and beam house JAMFLY 26'' Mantel Electric Fireplace Heater Small Freestanding Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove Heater w/Log Hearth& Wood Surround Firebox, Adjustable Led Flame, Remote Control,750W-1500W, (Brown) 4.5 out of 5 stars. 236. $229.99. $229 I have a wall socket to the right of the chimney breast (at the skirting behind the chair) that can provide power. As I see it.. I have two options. Drill directly behind the TV.. and then drill from the fireplace upwards. Feed the cable through.. and run it around the skirting to the right of the chimney breast to the socket Tape a thermometer to the wall in the approximate center of where your flat-screen TV might hang. Then start the fireplace and let it run for several hours. Check the thermometer. If the.

It's also best practice to use #12 gauge (20 Amp) wires for plugs, so let's talk about wiring gauges and what they mean. Wiring Gauges. In my basement I used two different wiring gauges, #12 and #14, which deliver 20 and 15 amps respectively. The smaller the gauge the larger the wire, hence the more amps it can deliver to your electrical run Currently there are no electrical/audio/video outlets above the fireplace. Saved by Alison Snider. 2.6k. Foyer Propane Tv Above Fireplace Gas Fireplace Fireplace Shelves Modern Fireplaces Farmhouse Fireplace Hidden Tv Family Room Design Wall Mounted Tv We have a huge fireplace made of stone found on the property (there is a center stone carved with 1885 on the hearth) that looks similar to yours so your post validated my desire to paint ours. Farmhouse DIY has become my hobby and is almost therapeutic for me Connect the PowerConnect cable connectors together and press firmly until you hear them click. Thread the additional cables through the back of the lower cable management system. Press the in wall cable management system into the wall and tighten the wings using your screwdriver. Time to prep your TV for mounting! Remove the TV stand from your TV The installation of a fireplace can be a costly and potentially dangerous endeavor, with gas fireplace installation even more challenging still. By the end of this brief article, you will be armed with the information and resources necessary to install a fireplace safely and economically In order to properly hide One Connect Box & One Connect Cable up to code, you'll need an AV Back Box for in-wall storage installed recessed into the wall behind the Frame TV or QLED TV. This AV Back Box will provide the space needed for One Connect Box and One Connect Cable to be nested & hidden behind the TV. Samsung One Connect Box & Rogers.