Home

Canon AE 1 blurry viewfinder

Viewfinder blurry. Community. I'm completely new to film photography and I just bought a Canon AE-1 off ebay. But everything out the viewfinder is blurry no matter how hard I try focusing it. It's especially bad when the subject is close up. Would this be an issue with the lens or the focus screen 3. Clean Your Viewfinder. Last but not least, and maybe the most obvious fix is to clean your actual viewfinder. In some cases it may be dirty or a build up with moisture which can give a blurry look. I would recommend using a microfibre cloth to clean the viewfinder or any other soft material

Dust in viewfinder, is it hard to clean. Rotated-Axis 6:45pm, 14 September 2008 I would like to know if someone has picture on the disassembly of the canon ae-1 to show how I can clean the viewfinder If you cannot see a sharp image in your viewfinder at any point of the adjustment you need to look at the display information. The exposure display in the viewfinder will come into focus at some point. If the display info is sharp in your viewfinder but the image is still blurry, you have a different problem canon models with the same viewfinder had, to some degree, the same problem. It appears that the viewfinder one the d60's and 10d's is very bad or defective. Maybe this is a result of the viewfinder having to be cropped since the views through a 1d model (or many other brands and different models) are completely sharp! Or maybe this is a

It could also be smudged, or there could be a misalignment problem with the mirror which is where the viewfinder gets the image. If the final pictures are coming out out fine, then it is not your lens at all. reply. #4. Johnson. 11 years ago. if it was sharp before but now is blurry, its probably the diopter like greg says Piraaate_nami: Hey. I'm new here and please do explain in the easy way for me to understand. thank you. I just recently got a canon ae-1 from eBay. I am new to taking pictures with a 35mm camera, and I just got my first roll developed after taking pictures. only about few turned out weak but most of them badly blurry or can't print Re: Rebel t3i viewfinder is blurry, not the diopter adjustment. 12-27-2014 11:26 AM. You will never know until you ask. Call Canon service. Plus they may offer you the Canon Loyality program. Where they buy back your working or not T3i towards a new or refurbished one. Never hurts to ask In this short video and before you go crazy thinking your Canon 80D / DSLR viewfinder is in need of repair, try these fixes first.Thanks for watching!Please.

Viewfinder blurry : AnalogCommunit

1. Re: Rebel t3i viewfinder is blurry, not the diopter adjustment. 08-17-2014 01:54 AM - edited ‎08-17-2014 01:54 AM. Remove your lens and look at (but do not touch) the focus screen. The focus screen is located above the reflex mirror. The camera is projecting an image onto that screen
  2. For instance needing reading glasses of 3.5 diopter means needing to add a lens of true 1.5 diopter to the AE-1 to gain max. screen sharpness. This should be the same as adding a Canon attachment eyepiece designated 0.5 diopter. (I never got a Canon attachment eypiece at hand, so I can't check.) May 22, 2018 #8. OP
  3. Canon AE-1 Functionality. At its most basic, a viewfinder on a SLR should allow you to compose your shot and obtain critical focus. With a split prism, the Canon AE-1 is able to do that with aplomb, so bravo on covering the basics. However in every other way, using the AE-1's viewfinder is an act of frustration
  4. Images are blurry or not in focus (PowerShot SX60 HS) ID : 8202170200 _ EN _ 1. Solution. When an image is blurry or cannot be brought into focus during shooting, please check the following. 1. Holding the Camera. You can prevent camera shake by holding the camera firmly. Place the strap around your neck. When shooting, keep your arms close to.
  5. How to Fix Blurry Camera Viewfinder. If your viewfinder isn't sharp, use this simple tip to adjust your camera to your eye.http://kentweakley.com/blog/fix-bl..
  6. Images are blurry, not focused, or lack sharpness (EOS REBEL T6/EOS 1300D) Last Updated : 01-Mar-2016 Issue Number : 820283880

Intro: Canon's AE-1, released in 1976, and the subsequent AE-1 Program, released in 1981, are cult classics in the crowded SLR market. Touted as the world's first camera equipped with a microprocessor, it gave photographers the option to use Shutter Speed Priority exposure mode, rather than the usual Aperture Priority offered by their main competitors I have the New F-1 and an AE-1 (not P). Coverage is more in the F-1 viewfinder, but I really don't notice or think about the difference. And, I can't tell if one is brighter than the other. I don't get hung-up on the specs. I use the AE-1 mostly for family photography (with color print film), and F-1 for my own work (primarily with B&W film) Images are blurry or not in focus. ID : 8201743500 _ EN _ 3. Solution: When an image is blurry or cannot be brought into focus during shooting, please check the following. 1. Holding the Camera. You can prevent camera shake by holding the camera firmly. Keep your arms tight against your body while holding the camera firmly by the sides.. A quick tutorial on how to fix a common problem people have with their new camera, getting a strangely blurry viewfinder. This works for most Canon (and Niko.. The AE-1 might seem a little rudimentary now, but it helped open up more advanced features to a much wider audience. Relatively risk-free for the price, the Canon AE-1 is still a very capable SLR. Find the Canon AE-1 on eBAY. An AE-1 in nice condition with a 50mm f/1.8 shouldn't set you back more than much more than $150

Instantly the AE-1 became an unprecedented success in the world of photography. This machine was a near perfect blend of quality, capability, and cost, and it signaled for the first time Canon's intent to be a dominant player in the world of SLRs. Selling more than a million units, The AE-1 cemented Canon's place as a world-class camera maker The AE-1 was the first in what became a complete overhaul of Canon's line of SLRs. The 1970s and 1980s were an era of intense competition between the major Japanese SLR brands: Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax and Olympus.Between 1975 and 1985, there was a dramatic departure from heavy all-metal manual mechanical camera bodies to much more compact bodies with integrated circuit (IC) electronic. The Camera as Teacher. The Canon AE-1 Program is a 1981 revision of the original AE-1. To this older camera, the AE-1 Program adds a full automatic Program mode, an electronic light meter readout in the viewfinder, and a few smaller changes which have been explored in-depth in a previous article wherein James compared the two cameras at length.It's by all measures an excellent camera for any. Canon A-1 (1978) The Canon A-1 has both aperture and shutter priority mode, so the viewfinder displays both information. An additional consideration that Canon engineers put into the A-1 was the. Viewfinder A less conspicuous, unusual feature of the A-1 is the fact that, unless you are taking a meter reading, the only thing you can see in the bright viewfinder is the viewing area.All other information is eliminated, leaving you undistracted freedom to focus and compose your picture. LED (Light Emitting Diode), first seen in a Fujica was adopted as the primary display medium to handle.

If the viewfinder is still blurry and no overlay, it sounds like a failure of some camera module. Just trying to eliminate any other possibility. Swordfish2012 wrote: The autofocus of my year old 7D has just stopped working for no apparent reason. The view through the viewfinder is now blurry/hazy and the autofocus points overlay is no longer. File Size: HTML Page (35k) Loading.Operation for General Photography The AE-1 is an Automatic Exposure camera with a shutter speed priority system which electronically controls the aperture opening for the given shutter speed to ensure the optimum exposure. Canon's shutter speed priority system has been adopted by this camera in the idea that a photograph is an instant snatched from elapsing.

DSLR Viewfinder Is Blurry, But Images Are Sharp? 3 Simple

Bestshoot [2 Pack] EF Viewfinder Eyepiece Eyecup Eye Cup Rubbe Compatible with Canon EOS 1100D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D T6s T6i T6 T5i T5 T4i T3i T3 T2i XTi XSi XS DSLR Cameras. 4.7 out of 5 stars. 280. $6.99 Viewfinder or Lens is blurry. Help Wanted. I am fairly new to shooting film but my Pentax film cameras viewfinder or lens is blurry. I took it to the snow to take some pictures and I think there might be moisture inside the camera that is making it look blurry. (Canon AE-1 Program, 50mm 1.4, Ektar 100) 3.1k. 46 comments. share. save. hide.

Dust in viewfinder, is it hard to clean

1. Not only is the AE-1 Program a joy to use and makes great pictures, it has a huge, bright finder. Its finder is one of the largest, clearest and brightest finders ever made. Its finder is bigger than the finder of the Canon 5D Mark II, and much bigger and brighter than the finder of the Nikon D3X.
  2. An incorrect dioptric adjustment would not explain the observation that the VF image can be made clear through adjustment to lens focus, an action that results in a blurred image at the sensor. I'd say that your focus screen is out of whack, and is now not equidistant with the sensor from the lens centre. LIKES 0
  3. If you insist on trying yourself and cannot find a screen then try to get hold of a broken AE-1 and use the experience of taking out the screen towards opening up your camera. Again I very strongly advise taking it to a Canon technician, the AE-1 is to good a camera to break. Just one last point, the set up for the screen on the AE-1 Prog or A1.
  4. Not all eyes are created equal. For those without normal 20/20 vision, this may be a problem when you look through a camera's viewfinder—either optical or electronic. Your view into the camera might be blurry even when the camera's lens is in focus. Because of this, your camera's viewfinder likely has a diopter adjustment (some older cameras do not have diopter adjustment

Viewfinder Image Blurry? You May Need to Adjust Your

Viewfinder blurry. Diopter improves situation but doesn't ..

My Viewfinder Is Blurry

1. My Canon t3i's viewfinder is super blurry. I've tried adjusting the diopter and that's not the problem it seems. When I look into the diopter from 4+ inches away I see a black rectangle that looks to have fallen out of place. As I place my eye to the optical viewfinder, I no longer see the rectangle but it's totally blurry and nothing is in focus
  2. The Canon AE-1 Program is an absolutely legendary camera. I haven't come across another camera that I love using anywhere near quite as much as it. The AE-1 combines all the components an SLR should have in a nice tight little package. I love it so much because it is one of their earliest cameras that will allow you to shoot on full auto mode.
  3. Canon AE-1 Program vs Canon AE-1 vs Canon A-1. It's good to know the differences between the other more popular Canon A-series cameras because you'll probably come across them when you're researching for your Canon AE-1 Program. The Canon AE-1 is the predecessor of the Canon AE-1 Program so it shares the most similarities

Menu Settings For Canon. For Canon cameras, it's very similar. You make the changes in the Function then Auto Focus settings, and the rest is the same as when done with to a Nikon body. Remember, though, if you have multiple cameras, you are making the adjustment in the camera, not the lens, so you need to calibrate each lens on each camera When you depress the shutter, you move the camera. If the shutter speed is too slow, the camera picks up that movement, and it gives you a blurry photo. Make sure your shutter speed is faster than the equivalent of your focal length. For instance, if you are zoomed out to 100mm, your shutter speed should be 1/100s or faster to avoid camera shake Canon Angle Finder C #868. $80.00. Free shipping. Canon EVF-DC1 Electronic Viewfinder for PowerShot G1 X Mark II, G3 X or EOS #471. $184.00. Free shipping. Near Mint Canon FN-6x Waist Level Finder w/ case for Canon F-1 New

Why did my pictures turn out blurry like this? (35mm

Canon AE-1 Program Battery Life. Based on the original Canon AE-1 Program Manual, the battery should last at least 1 year with normal use. I'm assuming modern-day batteries are better and more efficient than ones from the 1980s when this camera first came in the market, so the 1-year battery life should be accurate Canon AE-1 Review. The viewfinder is unusually bright due to the matte surface focusing screen and split-image focusing system. The display information is in the form of LED lights, which show the aperture setting, under exposure warning, and manual mode. The most unusual design feature is the shutter speed dial, which is below the film wind lever Thank you, Canon, for running in your own direction. Hello Program Mode, My Sneaky Friend When set to Program Mode, a piece of firmware inside your camera determines which shutter speed and aperture combination to set based on rules decided by a group of camera engineers and probably based on the original Canon AE-1 Program algorithms circa 1981 The Canon AE-1 is a 35 mm single-lens reflex (SLR) film camera for use with interchangeable lenses. It was made in Japan from April 1976 to 1984. It uses an electronically controlled, electromagnet horizontal cloth focal plane shutter, with a speed range of 2 to 1/1000 second plus Bulb and flash X-sync of 1/60th second

Canon EOS 1300D Key Features. This is why the Canon 1300D is a great entry-level camera for photographer newbies. Mount and Compatibility. You have the option to buy the Canon EOS 1300D body or in a kit with an 18-55 mm kit lens. The camera has an EF-S mount, making it compatible with the Canon EF-S lenses The Canon AE-1 Program is one of the most popular camera models of all time. It came out at a time when most of the features we now take for granted didn't even exist, and it was one of the first cameras to include an automatic shooting mode, awkwardly called Program back in the day

The Canon EP-EX15 II Eyepiece Extender provides a 5/8 (15mm) extension of the cameras eyepiece away from the camera body and reduces the camera's viewfinder magnification by 30%. It is particularly useful for eyeglass wearers and prevents a user's face or nose from touching the camera body or LCD display On the other hand, we were impressed to see a viewfinder, which was basically a standard split image range fixed with micro prism aids. You require a 4LR44 battery to power this camera. Bottom line. If you are fond of single-lens reflex film cameras that are versatile and reliable, the Canon AE-1 is the ideal option for you The Canon F-1 is a 35 mm single-lens reflex camera produced by Canon of Japan from March 1971 until the end of 1981, at which point it had been superseded by the New F-1 launched earlier that year. The Canon FD lens mount was introduced along with the F-1, but the previous Canon FL-mount lenses and older R- series lenses were also compatible with the camera with some limitations Standard lenses for the Canon AE are Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 S.C. Canon Breech-Lock mount, Canon FD, FL and R lenses can be used. The viewfinder is fixed eye-level pentaprism with a field of view that is 93.5% vertical and 96% horizontal coverage of the actual picture

Rebel t3i viewfinder is blurry, not the - Canon Communit

Amazingly, this classic, high-tech, manual-focus 35mm SLR can still deliver on its promises even after nearly 30 years. And you can now acquire a pristine Canon A-1 in E+ condition with 50mm f/1.8 Canon FD lens at Adorama's used department for the astonishingly low price of $129, or $99 for the body alone! A new era in automatio 40D blurry viewfinder - not diopter adj Started May 4, 2008 | Discussions thread Forum: Parent: First: Previous: Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 7D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +4 more Canon product advisories for the Canon EOS-1D C and EOS-1D X: This notice is to proactively inform our customers of the details of the phenomena described below along with Canon's support actions. Because we value the trust our customers have placed in us, we are dedicated to continuously improving product quality and delivering industry. Canon F1 New vs Old. Start with the pentaprism, if it stands out above the camera (as in the review model images) then you have a new F1. You will also notice a lack of a mechanical self timer on the front face of the camera and there is a battery cover is in its place

This is my first attempt at drawing a printable thing. I drew it is Google sketchup and then used the skp_to_dxf.rbz extension to export it as an stl file This is my best extrapolation of a small plastic part that came with every Canon AE-1 and AE-1 Program Camera. Its purpose in life is to cover the Viewfinder opening when the Camera is being used without a head/eye peering into the. - auto settings give you know, the 50mm lens is so incredibly simple and capable. Olympus, Minolta, Pentax, and Canon were coming up . Aside from ISO 12-3,200. There were plenty of photographers: the Canon AE-1 Program. Whats more . The lenses for the price, this paradigm before the surge of digital technology, there was ushering Canon EP-EX15 II Eyepiece Extender for Select Canon DSLRs. B&H # CAEPEX152 MFR # 3069B001. 208 Reviews. Key Features. Provides 5/8 Extension from Camera Body. See All Details. $1899. Add to Cart. Add to Wish List On your Canon EOS 70D, near the upper right of the rubber eyepiece that surrounds the viewfinder is a dial (see the following figure) that enables you to adjust the viewfinder focus to match your eyesight. The dial is officially known as the diopter adjustment control. If you don't take this step, scenes that appear out of focus through the. One of Canon's entry-level DSLRs, the EOS Rebel T6, is, in many ways, similar to its predecessor, the EOS T5.One of the biggest differences, however, is that it offers Wi-Fi for sharing images and.

This is my best extrapolation of a small plastic part that came with every Canon AE-1 and AE-1 Program Camera. Its purpose in life is to cover the Viewfinder opening when the Camera is being used without a head/eye peering into the viewfinder and thus light could leak in and cause the Light metering to mis-expose a picture (example: taking what. There are two main possibilities I can think of. The easiest is that you may have inadvertently adjusted the diopter setting on your view finder. This would make the entire thing look slightly blurry. If this is the problem, fixing it should be as simple as adjusting the diopter dial near the viewfinder itself Aug 13, 2009. #1. Lately my Canon 20D has been having problem when looking throw my viewfinder. When looking through the viewfinder it looks very blurry even though in actuality it's really focused (auto focus). When you snap the picture it comes out clear with good details The Canon AE-1 was a top amateur 35mm film SLR circa 1980, and was the first SLR controlled by a CPU. Exposure (F stop) is automatic and TTL, but the rest is good old manual. As with most cameras of the time it came with a 50mm normal lens with a maximum aperture of F1.8

Canon AE-1 = $90.00 Canon AE-1 Program = $100.00. A battery door Adds $20.00, most other parts like viewfinder window or rewind knob or focusing screen will add $15.00 each. Most other parts are included in a complete overhaul. Canon AT-1 = $95.00. Prices are for camera body only, and do not include shipping. All other Cameras are Estimate onl Mike Sowsun / SL1 / 80D / EF-S 24mm STM / EF-S 10-18mm STM / EF-S 18-55mm STM / EF-S 15-85mm USM / EF-S 55-250mm STM / 5D3 / Samyang 14mm 2.8 / EF 40mm 2.8 STM / EF 50mm 1.8 STM / EF 100mm 2.0 USM / EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro / EF 24-105mm IS / EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS Mk II / EF 100-400 II / EF 1.4x II Full Current and Previously Owned Gear List over 40 years Flickr Photostrea Instead, it has a two-stage shutter release button, and on stage one, it powers the viewfinder and electronics. This is a nice piece of substantial electronic and mechanical engineering measuring 139 mm × 85 mm × 47.5 mm in size and weighing 512 g. The Canon AV-1 was very similar looking to the AE-1 except for one main difference Keep an eye on the exposure gauge in the viewfinder or on the LCD in Live View. When the mark is in the center, the image should be accurately exposed. If the exposure is not to your liking, you can easily adjust the shutter speed and/or aperture to make it brighter or darker. Here is a quick tutorial on choosing shutter speed with the Canon.

Fix Blurry Viewfinder on Canon 80D - YouTub

The Canon EF was a short lived model and was Canon's first SLR with an electronic shutter and auto exposure before the AE-1 was released a few years later. Nikon's first camera with their new AI (Automatic Indexing) lenses was the very short lived Nikkormat FT3, and the Nikon FA was their first SLR with programmed AE and a top 1/4000. Use a bulb blower to remove dust, then use a swab and isopropyl alcohol or cleaning solution. Dirty autofocus sensor. Sometimes the autofocus sensor is dirty, which, of course, leads to consistent focusing problems. To clean your AF focus, follow the steps below: Power on your camera Canon introduced the AE-1 Program in 1981. It adds programmed autoexposure to the AE-1. It features a cloth-curtain shutter with speeds up to 1/1000 sec, flash synchronization at 1/60 sec, a big, bright viewfinder with an interchangeable split/microprism focusing screen, and compatibility with the entire range of good Canon FD-mount lenses, all. How to load film into the Canon AE-1. Open the film door. To open the film door on the Canon AE-1, pull up on the film rewind knob. Leave the knob pulled up. Load a roll of film. The film roll goes in the left side with the film leader on the bottom. The film leader is the rounded half-width section at the start of every roll of film

The Canon AE-1 is a single lens reflex (SLR) camera manufactured and marketed by the Canon Corporation from 1976 until 1984. During this run, it experienced an enormous amount of popularity, selling around 5 million units total. If you own a functioning AE-1, chances are it needs a light cosmetic cleaning, depending on how it was stored over. I owned an A-1, in the same model family but as I remember that had a digital display. According to the AE-1 manual I dug out from my archives, however, the AE-1 has a battery check button on the top deck, left of the viewfinder bump, which shou.. There have now been multiple reports about the IBIS shift/tilt on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, so I think it's safe to say it's more than a phenomenon. I have been told that Canon is aware of the issue and that there will be a firmware update to correct the behavior. The source doesn't know what the timeline for the update is, but I imagine it will come when it's done and. Canon's semi-pro and top-of-the-line A-series camera, the multi-mode Canon A-1, which. made its debut in 1978. The Canon AE-1 was the first 35mm SLR. camera to be controlled solely via a built-in. Central Processing Unit (CPU) and made. SLR photography available to beginners and

What's in a Viewfinder?

T he difference between Canon AE-1 and Canon AE-1 Program. Canon AE-1 came out in 1976 and is a manual and shutter priority camera. It has a analog type meter needle in the viewfinder. The AE-1 Program came out in 1981 and is a Program , shutter priority and manual camera and it has LEDs in the viewfinder. That is the main differenc The Canon AE-1 The Canon AE-1 and a 135mm f/3.5 lens. I picked up this vintage Canon lens cap somewhere, too, that just slides on and somehow stays pretty well. (Daniel J. Schneider) Released in 1976, the Canon AE-1 was the first of the A-body cameras and the model for the line as it expanded You didn't say what body you are using it on but my guess is its either a rebel series, 6D or something in that price range. When you zoom out, the max aperture is 5.6. It doesn't matter what the exposure is. The fact is that the Camera's auto foc..

Canon AE-1 35mm SLR Camera w/ 50mm f/1.8. Comes with the original kit lens. Small, light, and compact. One of the most popular film cameras ever made. Canon AE-1's can be found all over the place. You'll get the best deal in terms of price and condition checking several sources. Check current prices at Amazon or eBay Canon PowerShot G5 X at Amazon. The Canon PowerShot G5 X is not a film camera, but its design hearkens back to a pre-digital era. Best Compact: Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70K at Amazon. This shooter has a 0.2-inch live viewfinder with a remarkably high resolution of 1,166k-dots The Canon AE-1 can easily be identified from other models. To determine if the camera is a Canon AE-1 first look at the front of the camera. The manufacturer Cannon will be above the lens in big black letters. The model AE-1 can be viewed just to the left of this in silver letters outlined in black. The serial number can be found on. In the late 1970s and early 1980s Canon released two different 35mm film SLRs: the A-1 and the F-1. They were targeting different buyers: the consumer and the prosumer — and both left an indelible mark in the film camera industry. In a later post I'll cover the differences between the A-1 and the AE-1 Program The Canon AE-1 is a switch-controlled shutter priority 35mm SLR film camera with a horizontal travel cloth-curtain focal plane shutter with an electronically controlled shutter speed range from 2 seconds to 1/1000 second, and B. Flash synchronization is at 1/60 second. The Film ISO speed range is from 25 to 3200

8 Classic Viewfinder Designs in Vintage Cameras

canon ae-1 diopters? Photrio

Blurry Viewfinder on my Canon Powershot SX20 IS Answers : There is a little dial to the left of the viewfinder that you can turn to adjust the focus of the viewfinder. This should solve your problem quite easily. Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Digital Camera Tips for a great answer:. The Canon Sure Shot Owl PF offers an oversized viewfinder that's three times wider than a normal viewfinder, allowing for easier picture composing - especially for people who wear glasses. The Owl PF's 3-step Auto-Focus technology gives you sharp images from as close as 2.6 feet The Canon A-1 is an advanced manual focus SLR produced by Canon, Inc. between 1978 and 1985. It featured through the the lens (TTL) full aperture metering, automatic exposure, and aperture and shutter priority metering.The A-1 was designed as a professional level camera, complementing the consumer AE-1 which Canon had released two years earlier

Viewfinder display. Electronic level: Show - cool feature, allows seeing level right inside the viewfinder. Grid display: Show - I use the grid for framing and alignment. Show/hide in viewfinder: Everything turned off - the viewfinder is already pretty cluttered with information, so I usually do not want to add more If so it's probably something on your lens. If your viewfinder isn't sharp, use this simple tip to adjust your camera to your eye.http://kentweakley.com/blog/fix. The Canon EOS 90D is that increasingly rare thing, a new DSLR camera. Aimed at sport and wildlife photographers, the Canon 90D uses a new 32 megapixel APS-C sensor and the latest generation DIGIC 8 processor. Read our in-depth Canon EOS 90D review to find out if a DSLR camera can still cut it in the mirrorless world of 2019.. Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM Lens Review. It was only a matter of time. A telephoto zoom lens with long focal lengths is a staple in many kits, and Canon's first such lens in the RF mount was anxiously awaited. The RF lens series is being filled with ultra-high performing models, and the Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM Lens. Two years ago I inherited a 5D from a relative who had gone Sony mirrorless. Whenever I use it with the f1.8 50, I am almost transported to the 1970's when I went out with my Canon AE-1 and f1.8 50 FD lens (and ASA 25 Kodachrome). I used the half-press-then-recompose method then and I use it now